Malplaquet House is a Grade II listed Georgian house at 137–139 Mile End Road dating from 1741 in the heart of the historic East End. It was restored to preserve its historic details and features.
The four-storey house was built as one of three in 1742 by Thomas Andrews but only two of the houses survive at the present day.
Malplaquet House was sold by Spitalfields Trust who helped save it from potential demolition to Tim Knox, the director of the Fitzwilliam Museum in Cambridge and landscape gardener Todd Longstaffe-Gowan. They purchased the house from the Spitalfields Trust for just £250,000 in 1998.