Victoria Park is set to reopen but with reduced opening hours on Saturday. The park was closed by the police late last month due to social distancing guidance.
The new opening times are 8am to 4pm on the east side of the park, and 8.30am to 4pm on the west side.
If you visit the park you must follow new control measures. There will be regular patrols by the council and police to ensure the measures are followed.
The new control measures will be ‘clearly signposted’ in the park the council said.
The new measures are as follows:
- Reduced opening hours from 8am to 4pm, daily
- Only exercise outdoors once a day – such as a run or walk, alone or with other people from your household
- Leisure cycling is only allowed for children under the age of 12 who are accompanied by an adult
- Exercise = keep moving → get home, stay at home
- No gatherings, sunbathing, picnics or sport games
- Stay two metres away from other visitors at all times
- Use of playgrounds, toilets, gym equipment and benches is prohibited
- Give way to people exiting the park
- Keep left on pahtways and avoid narrow ones
- Keep dogs on a lead and on the grass, where possible
- Treat staff, police and others with respect
- Anyone who enters Victoria Park when it is locked does so at their own risk
- Stay local and use open spaces near to your home where possible – do not travel unnecessarily
- You should only go outside alone or with members of your own household
- Always keep at least two metres (six feet) apart from anyone outside your household
- Gatherings of more than two in parks or other public spaces have been banned and the police will enforce this
- Take hygiene precautions when you are outside, and wash your hands as soon as you are back indoors
Failure to comply with these measures could result in fines or closure of the park.
You can read more on the councils website here.